By now, you’ve probably heard about CBD and how it can positively affect the body. It has the potential to heal everything from anxiety and insomnia to arthritis and epilepsy. But did you know that CBD comes in several different forms? CBD isolate is the most potent form.
In fact, most CBD products are a combination of compounds, including trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive found in marijuana. CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD, meaning it is just the cannabidiol compound with nothing else mixed in.
Sometimes referred to as CBD crystalline, CBD isolate comes in a powder form, allowing you to maximize its healing effects on your body. But does it work as well as other products with combined compounds? Some researchers have theorized that “the entourage effect,” or the combination of several cannabinoids, actually works better than CBD on its own. We’ll talk about the effects of CBD isolate, how it interacts with the body and any potential negative side effects to be aware of.
How CBD Isolate Works
Because isolate is CBD in its purest form, it contains no measurable amount of THC and can do more to help the body even in low doses. CBD works by interacting with your body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a huge part in your everyday health, nerv
ous system, immune system and overall mood.
When you take it in this form, cannabinoid receptors in your brain and central nervous system will be influenced, affecting how you feel, think and function. How CBD works from person to person is unpredictable because everyone is different. For some, it could be the answer to their chronic pain while others could feel no difference other than a generally more positive mood or deeper sleep.
CBD’s influence on the endocannabinoid system and other receptor systems tends to affect people differently. We’ve heard some describe CBD isolate effects as making them feel as if they’re “in the flow” or that it brings a sense of calmness. Others have said that CBD isolates make them feel more awake or energized after they take the product.
How CBD isolate affects you can depend on:
- Genetic makeup: Some people naturally have more cannabinoid receptors to interact with the CBD delivered through CBD isolates.
- Biological sex: Generally, females are more sensitive to cannabinoid products like CBD isolate.
- Nutrition and lifestyle: How often you exercise, your eating and drinking habits and how you manage stress can all influence your endocannabinoid system.
- Physical health: Health conditions can alter biochemistry, potentially influencing how the body responds to pure CBD powder.
- Body composition: Individuals with a higher body fat percentage typically need higher doses.
- Personal tolerance: Someone who takes it regularly will often react differently than someone who does not.
First things first, CBD isolate does not get you high. Many people like it because they know for sure that it doesn’t contain THC and they won’t experience that “high” feeling or have any chance of getting addicted. In fact, because it blocks certain cannabinoid receptors, CBD can actually suppress the intoxicating effects of THC. Research studies have concluded that CBD is a safe product with no serious side effects.
WebMD writes that “CBD doses of up to 300 mg daily have been used safely for up to 6 months. Higher doses of 1200-1500 mg daily have been used safely for up to 4 weeks.”
These CBD doses are much higher than a typical daily dose. Some minor side effects of using CBD isolate have been reported, including dry mouth, lightheadedness, drowsiness and low blood pressure.
Using CBD Isolate
The isolate in its purest form comes in a powder. You can place this under your tongue where it will be absorbed, put it in foods and beverages or add it to other CBD products. When the powder is placed under your tongue, the effects are felt quicker than other digestible methods. CBD isolate is best for:
- People with sensitivity to THC and other cannabinoids.
- Those living in states with strict THC laws, or those who regularly undergo drug testing in their place of employment.
- Anyone who wishes to cook with CBD and wants something with a light flavor.
Everyone’s preferences differ, so it may be easier to add CBD at breakfast and enjoy the effects of it later. The best method is to carefully experiment with different dosages until you find what works best for you. Talk to your doctor about your health history for advice on how to enjoy the benefits of CBD isolate.
Resources and References: